What we do together makes a difference.
Broadway Cares/EFA's Mission:
- To mobilize the unique abilities within the entertainment industry to mitigate the suffering of individuals affected by HIV/AIDS;
- To ensure direct support specifically through the social services and programs of The Actors Fund to all individuals in the entertainment industry affected by critical health issues, including but not limited to HIV/AIDS;
- To support organizations across the country which provide treatment or services for people specifically affected by HIV/AIDS and their families;
- To promote and encourage public support for national and international programs and services which benefit people with HIV/AIDS;
- To increase public awareness and understanding of HIV/AIDS through the creation and dissemination of educational materials;
- To support efforts by the entertainment industry to address other critical health issues or respond to an emergency, in each case as approved by the Board of Trustees;
- To support efforts by the entertainment industry in other charitable or educational endeavors, in each case as approved by the Board of Trustees.
Further information about Jessie: She recently originated the role of Elaina in Anne Lucas's play From Silence at Theater for the New City. Other favorite stage roles include Young Nala in The Lion King Jr, Pilar in Legally Blonde Jr, Zuzu Bailey in A Wonderful Life and Silvermist in Peter Pan Jr. Film credits include Lenny (Raina) and Woodhaven (Featured Extra). Jessie is a current member of Broadway Youth Ensemble. She has performed in musical theater cabarets, as well as an annual Stand Up 2 Cancer charity event held in Cherry Hill. When she's not performing, Jessie loves to tap dance, sew and play the bass guitar.